The Georgian Bay Storm Gathering is for intermediate paddlers and instructors seeking one last weekend paddling on the Bay before winter sets in. Together, we'll work through a practical yet informal weekend of sea kayaking with emphasis on rough water conditions, safety/risk management, and skills development.
We expect everyone to come, ready to share, participate and have fun. Your development as a paddler will be entirely up to you. We're here to create opportunities for learning.
Okay, here's the real reason. David and Tim wanted to get wet and cold in wind and waves with a bunch of other paddlers, then come back to warm cabins and tell lies stories about it in great detail.
Dates: October 11 - 14, 2012
Highlights for 2012!
- 3 nights' accommodation at Snug Haven Resort
- Four days of on-water instruction. Topics include: Dealing with Waves and Rocks, Rolling and Bracing, Towing and Rescues and Rough Water Boat Handling.
- Paddle with some of Ontario's best sea kayak instructors.
- Free Stormy Saturday Night Fish Supper.
- 44th Annual Snug Harbour Dock Launch Competition.
- Evening guest speakers.
- Massive used gear swap.